CARES Act

With the $2.2 trillion stimulus package signed today, there is tremendous relief available for small businesses, who are struggling to keep their employees on payroll. Congress has approved the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. It allocates $350 billion in emergency loans for small businesses to help them keep workers employed. In fact,…

Read More

Video message from Mill Ridge Village

Video is a tool that we all have access to, but in today’s world, Carlos Camargo with Creative24 recognizes how this is especially true in today’s world! He knows that businesses desperately need to share their messages. Last week, I had the opportunity to spend a few minutes with Jennifer Reich at Mill Ridge Village,…

Read More

Free Virtual Diagnosis thru Multicare

Have a fever, a cough, shortness of breath? Do you have Covid-19? Multicare can help you figure it out, and there is no charge! MultiCare is currently offering free e-visits to anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms through MultiCare Virtual Care, where providers will also help you navigate to the next appropriate step.

Read More

Suddenly Unemployed?

As businesses and employees are all wondering what’s next, there has been a sudden high demand for unemployment insurance. If you or your employees are being laid off, there is help for navigating Unemployment Insurance. A series of WebEx sessions will be available online to help individuals set up accounts, file online, understand requirements and…

Read More

You’re Invited! Local Business Resources Webinar- COVID-19 Assistance

Even though we can’t meet with you in person, the Chamber is still actively concerned about the state of businesses! Therefore, we are working hard to bring you relevant and ever-changing updates. So while the seats around the table may be empty, we’d still love for you to join us. You’re invited to join us…

Read More

Childcare Issues and Workforce

As I tuned into the AWB’s (Association of Washington Businesses) Workforce Summit webinar today, one of the sessions was about Childcare costs. Without a doubt, this is an issue with which employers and employees have continuous struggles. Since my kids are older, I had not thought a lot about it during this current crisis, but…

Read More

Employers – Encourage your staff to stay home when sick

We’ve all heard it now, more than we ever have before. STAY HOME IF YOU ARE SICK! For some people this is easier said than done. Sometimes, there is a disbelief that an employer actually means it when they say it. Confirm your dedication to your employees by posting any of the downloadable posters from…

Read More

Comcast Internet Essentials

How are you staying in contact with friends, family and customers? Comcast recognizes that they play an important role. Therefore, they want to help make that easier for you with Internet Essentials. Read on to view further opportunities. Other ways that Comcast is trying to make life easier for our community: Xfinity WiFi Free For…

Read More

Puget Sound Energy Media Release, Covid-19

MEDIA RELEASE PSE responds to COVID-19 Puget Sound Energy is taking measurable actions to help our customers and communities during this coronavirus situation BELLEVUE, Wash. (March 13, 2020) –As a provider of an essential service to our customers, Puget Sound Energy is working to ensure we are here for our customers, our community and our…

Read More

Small Business Resiliency Guide

The SBDC (Small Business Development Center) says, “As you all know, the best time to craft a business resiliency plan is before you go into business. The next best time is now. An actionable resiliency plan could mean the difference between business continuity under adverse conditions and business closure.” They have links for Business Resiliency…

Read More

Your Public Statement via Video

The Chamber looks for innovative ways to help keep you visible. That’s true even if Covid severly limits your opportunities to be in the community. Kara will be offering the opportunity for a Facebook Live interview to share with our member community online. And meanwhile, Carlos from Creative24 has a professional video option that is…

Read More

Blood Centers Facing Severe Shortage – Please DONATE!

Bloodworks Northwest issued a press release today and shared it with the Chamber. Cancellations put supply in danger The Pacific Northwest’s blood supply is at risk of collapse in coming days. The accelerating number of blood drive cancellations due to the closure of schools, businesses, and events over coronavirus concerns has put nearly 60% of…

Read More

Community Resources (Courtesy of Mountain View Community Center)

Mountain View Community Center dedicates themselves to supporting our community. For example, today they shared info from their website with the chamber. They asked us to share some resources that our community may be looking for. Click the image above to find info on meal resources, entertainment at home, and the need for community volunteers.…

Read More

Workforce Woes? Meet Invista Performance Solutions

FME Chamber has a new member, and I am excited for this partnership. But there are not nearly enough people in our business community who know what they do. Their vision, according to Don, “is to be a trusted partner and an asset to our community.” They collaborate with local community colleges provide customized business…

Read More

Covid and the possibility of SBA Disaster Loans

In January, we had a representative of the Small Business Administration visit our C3 group. Desiree gave us all sorts of information about the resources SBA has for small businesses. Prior to now, few thought of Covid-19 being a disaster for our region at the time. Therefore, Desiree didn’t mention it. But an economic disaster…

Read More

Why did Moose Canyon join the Chamber?

After their ribbon cutting last week, Dawn sent me an email that made me smile. We did a Facebook Live post and encouraged our member community to join us. Here’s some of what Dawne said. Hi Kara, Now that the dust has settled a bit, I wanted to email to let you know how much…

Read More