The chamber is once again sharing information on on a new round of Working WA grants. This information is from a press release from the WA State Dept of Commerce.
Round 4 of the Working WA Grants will open through the Washington State Department of Commerce on March 29. Business owners can find information about the program and a link to the application portal at commercegrants.com.
This is the fourth round of the Working Washington grant program. Legislators approved $240 million for the current round as part of an early action bill that also provided additional funding for rent assistance and other COVID-19 response efforts.
Some of the criteria outlined in this legislation from the $240m action bill include:
- Businesses must apply the grant award toward expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 through June 30th, 2021.
- The maximum grant award will be $25,000.
Priorities for funding are:
- Businesses required to close.
- Businesses with lost revenue as a result of closure.
- Businesses with added expenses to maintain safe operations.
- Equitable distribution of grant funds across the state and to businesses owned and operated by historically disadvantaged individuals (minority, veteran, LGBTQ+ or women-owned).
The application portal will be open until 5:00 PM PDT on April 9.
Business owners can visit commercegrants.com for more information about eligibility, the documents required to apply and how to reach someone for assistance.