About the FME Chamber
The Fife Milton Edgewood (FME) Chamber of Commerce is a dynamic organization of professionals and business owners that believe in the importance of developing meaningful relationships and partnerships. There is a wonderful synergy in the FME chamber. FME chamber members come together to support one another and members experience benefits from the relationships that are created among regional civic and business leaders.
Our chamber's focus is to:
- Connect member businesses and citizens
- Promote the Fife, Milton & Edgewood communities
- Spearhead a vibrant and prosperous local economy
- Represent member businesses to local & state government representatives
Members are given the opportunity to network with one another through various sponsored chamber events, such as:
- Business After-Hours
- Open House/Ribbon-cuttings
- Coffee Connections every Tuesday
- Monthly luncheons – second Wednesday of the month
The Chamber is involved in powerful advocacy efforts. The voice of business is heard when the Chamber works with elected and appointed officials to promote policies that make the Fife, Milton & Edgewood area a desirable place to live, work and visit.
The FME Chamber endeavors to:
- Initiate programs to improve Chamber members’ bottom line
- Sponsor candidate and issue forums, discussion groups, and legislative updates
- Build strategic alliances with other business and economic development organizations and government officials
- Represent member businesses on transportation, education, workforce development and other issues
- Fight to reduce regulations when we represent the business community on city, county and state issues
Regionally the chamber represents its members by active involvement in governmental affairs. One way members are represented is through participation in the South Sound Chamber of Commerce Legislative Coalition (SSCCLC). The SSCCLC is involved in such issues as roadway/traffic improvement, legislative actions, etc. The SSCCLC meets the 2nd Friday of every month at Emerald Downs.
Visitors Information Center
The Chamber is also responsible for staffing the vital Visitors Information Center (VIC). The VIC is the hub of activity for those visitors to the region. The VIC provides information and materials to those new to the area or visiting. Because the Chamber understands the critical role visitors play in the local economy.
Directory & Community Resource Guide
The FME Chamber exists to be the CATALYST for business growth,
The CONVENER of Leaders & Influencers
and the CHAMPION for a stronger community.