Do you have questions about the Federal Vaccine Mandate that goes into effect in January for businesses with 100+ employees? You are not alone!
Questions abound. A few examples include:
- Who counts in that 100 employee number? FTE only or part time employees too? (It’s both.)
- What if the business is a franchise?
- What about contractors?
- Help understanding the written policy employers must have on vaccination.
- How to determine/verify vaccination status
- What if an employee lies? What liabilities does the business incur?
- Clarification of sick leave requirements for time off with vaccine side effects
- Testing requirements for unvaccinated workers
- What information must an employer provide to their employees? And how often?
- What are reporting requirements if an employee tests positive, is hospitalized, and or dies from Covid?
OSHA has a webpage that addresses these concerns and many others as they relate to the Emergency Temporary Standards.